Friday 1 March 2013

Chemo finished

Friday 1st March

At times, including this morning ( I will explain ), I never thought today would come. I have finally done my very last session of chemo. No more vile drugs to be pumped into me. I just need to rest and get some sort of normality back.

As usual I didn't make today easy. I woke up feeling OK but as soon as I got up the sickness started. I basically then threw up every 45 minutes or so for the rest of the morning, and in the car on the way to hospital and finally on arrival in a hospital loo. I am sure this is all caused by the stressed state I get myself into as it seems to have abated now I am home. I even managed a small slice of pizza tonight. Pizza perhaps not the best choice but hey ho. I have not been this sick since the night before Ben's 3rd birthday party but that was self inflicted !! One of my readers in particular will remember it perhaps a little too well. Lets put it this way, I have not drunk to excess ever since.

So just a small celebration of passing another step. It has to be tempered by the reality that although the first time success rate for this treatment of my cancer is very good, it is not a guarantee. It may have destroyed the tumour completely. Or it may have killed it but left a small lump of gristle that has to be removed by surgery. Anything else I cannot contemplate and has not been discussed.

So here is to the next few weeks. Slowly getting a proper appetite back with working tastebuds. Having some sort of normal family life particularly with Ben. Treat Mandy and have some quality time together ( maybe without me having my head down a toilet! ). And to get back to work who have been incredibly supportive throughout.

Need to relax now so see you tomorrow.

Cheers

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Yes Tim I remember that night very well! Sorry to hear you were so sick, but such a relief for you that chemo is finished. Lots of r&r and PMA for you now xxx

    ReplyDelete