Wednesday 27 March 2013

Running outside at last

Wednesday 27th March

I went to work again today, it's going to get to be a habit at this rate! Getting back into the swing of being there though and enjoying it as usual. The only thing I don't like at all is the getting up early!

After a bit of a rest I managed to go out for my first road run since December the 8th last year. Managed 2.75 miles in 26 minutes. Ran the first mile then had to walk for 1 minute. I then just ran until I felt I had to walk again and carried on like that until I got home. I kept the walks down to one minute at a time, in total I walked for 5 minutes. It is a start that I can build on in the coming weeks. Can I order up some warmer weather though!

The legs don't feel great whilst running but that is hardly surprising after such a long length of inactivity. The energy levels could also remain low for quite a while as a result of the chemo. That one is a bit of an unknown, it could be a few weeks, a month or 6 months. Just depends on how my body copes with it. The main problem seems to be the lungs at the moment. Obviously they have a lot less capacity than they did before due to the lack of hard use, but it can be a side effect of the chemo as well. It can sort of crisp them up and if it has they will never get back to their previous level. It's just something I am going to have to wait and see about.

Just good to have the trainers on again. I can't say I enjoyed it as it seemed bloody hard work for such a small distance, but the thought that I could yet be up on top of the Cotswolds and Bredon Hill during the summer ( what summer? ) will keep me going.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment