Monday 11 March 2013

Scan date

Monday 11th March

The days seem to be passing quickly at the moment. I went to work today but it still takes a while for me to get going in a morning, so including the half hour drive to get there I did not start until 9.45. I worked till about 12.45 and then had to come home via the supermarket ( Sainsburys not Tesco, I felt like a traitor! ) and Curtainwise in Stratford to pick up some stuff for Mandy. So by the time I got home it was 2.15. A quick cup of tea and off to bed for a needed snooze. Then down to the health centre for 5pm, my new destination for injections instead of at home, and suddenly the day is nearly done.

Working still makes me very tired. Although the effects of the chemo will last for about 6-7 weeks after the last shot, the tiredness can go on for months so I need to get used to it.

I have had the date for my scan come through for the 15th of April. Despite requesting it to be at Coventry and not at Rugby it of course came through as Rugby. Fortunately this afternoon I managed to get it re-arranged for Cov. For some reason the threat of going to have it done privately seems to scare them into doing what you want. Why they can't just do it in the first place I do not know.

So it is scan on the 15th and results on the 25th, so six and a half weeks to wait. I think the time to the scan may race by but the wait for the results might seem like forever.

It is also only 10 weeks to the Tewkesbury Half marathon. This is a scary thought. On the other hand I am not going to rush into training as I will do more damage than good in the long term. And there is no point in getting over the illness in time only to be injured!

Sleep is calling now so I will sign off for today.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment