Monday 25 March 2013

RUNNING !!!!!

Monday 25th March

With Ben posting yesterday I have a couple of days to fill in.

Sunday was a good day. I went to the gym in the morning. I started with 15 minutes gentle warm up on the bike followed by my first attempt at running on the treadmill. With Mandy sat not far behind me keeping a beady eye on what I was doing, and a warning not to overdo it, I started with 5 minutes walking, then 5 minutes running. I then did 2 mins walking, 3 mins running and repeated until I got to 30 minutes. A total of 4.15 kilometres covered so fairly happy with that. The legs felt OK but the lungs were burning a bit during the running. The really good news was that the legs felt absolutely fine this morning. At least I am off and running !!!!

In the afternoon I decided it would be a good idea to make sure I was OK after the gym to have a bit of a nap. I had about an hour but it actually made me feel crap for about an hour after I woke up. Fortunately a fabulous tea of belly pork with roasties and veg ( definitely 10 out of 10 for Mand on this one ).

Today was much quieter. Did some work on line towards the Evesham 10K and Macmillan fund raising, plus a little shopping. Walked for an hour or so this afternoon and have a running club meeting this evening. I needed it to be quiet as I have a long day at work tomorrow ( well long for me, early start and have to be there in the afternoon ).

Need to be off to the meeting now.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment