Thursday 28 March 2013

Birthday reflections

Thursday 28th March

Today was my birthday. I have to say that I have not really celebrated this one. It seems wrong to think of the past year as anything but a nightmare that I am glad is over and done with. Perhaps I should have just celebrated it's passing.

Late last night I got a bit upset whilst thinking about the events of the past few months. I have managed to put these thoughts away in a box recently but the box got opened. It was probably down to being too tired having done too much during the day but the box got slammed shut very quickly and will stay that way for a while, probably until scan time comes round. I definitely feel like I have been robbed of about 4 months of proper living, not to mention the stealing of our holiday to New Zealand. We worked so hard during the year towards the holiday but at the end of the day it was just that, only a holiday.

We have to move forward now although until the scan and results are done we are in limbo. I continue to feel better and stronger but only time will tell. The Easter break means we can be together as a family with me being well enough to join in so we must make the most and enjoy it.

Ben has gone climbing tonight and I am off to skittles so no change to the routine to allow for such trivial things as birthdays. We are going out on Saturday night to make up for it.

I did take Mandy out to lunch today but it was a bit retro. Back when we started courting Mandy worked in Evesham and I was still at school at Prince Henry's, so at lunchtime I met her in town, bought some chips and then sat in the park where we shared her sarnys and my chips. So we took sandwiches and bought chips and sat in the car and ate them, too old for cold park benches now!

Best get off to skittles now. Cheers.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment