Saturday 16 March 2013

Normality

Saturday 16th March

Fed up with only writing this when Tim is too tired or ill to do it himself, I offered to do it today so I could write something positive. We have actually been out together....and not to the hospital!
We have come to the time of year again when I help my Mum out on the caravan site on a Saturday morning, it being mostly change over day for them. Tim had had a word with Mum unbeknown to me and I was free for the morning. We went out to Craycombe Café for breakfast which was a treat then on to Worcester for an amble round the shops. I can't remember the last time we did this, certainly not this year. We didn't stay too long as we didn't want him to over do it and anyway I had a fitting at 3 and we had to get back for the nurse calling as there is no surgery open today. It was nice though and felt normal.

Strange how things become normal, without you thinking about it. One of my friends popped over and she asked me how things were, I replied fine as they are at the moment. We are settling into that between major stresses period where we have done the really awful spell and are just cruising gently towards the next big stress of the scan. Those last few weeks of February that were just so horrid are done and we have picked ourselves up and got on with it again. Having Tim around so much of the time has become normal. He is good and doesn't disturb me when I'm working but I was used to be on my own during the day till Ben came home. Him going to the doctors or the District Nurse coming to do his injection every day has become normal, as has him needing a sleep every afternoon. All these things will gradually change, I know, like the fact that he is going into work at least a couple of times in the week now. Hopefully normal will become soon like normal used to be, but with the team that is us just being that bit stronger.

Tim is desperate to start running again now which I can understand but I'm trying to hold him back from starting too soon. He does as the saying goes needs to not "run before he can walk"! I understand his frustration as I haven't run now since September due to a damaged tendon in my foot. I don't share the passion for running that he does but I can't do any high impact exercise at all and that is driving me mad. I know that I can't stop him for much longer but I do want him to carry on upping his walking at least for another week so that when the running shoes go back on he doesn't come back too deflated because he couldn't make it to the end of the road. He is aware that Tewkesbury is coming up, I know, but he just needs to take it easy.

Ben is on his way home now from London. Communication from him has been scant but I think he has enjoyed it. He will be very tired tomorrow and if anyone wants the stroppy teenager that he will  become by evening they are welcome to him!! I anticipate a few hinges of doors will be tested before the day is done.

All in all though a nice day, with Tim feeling more himself. I can see the improvement over the last 2 weeks, even though it is gradual. I just want it to be the end of April now so we know where we stand for sure and can get on with positive things like booking a holiday!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment