Tuesday 19 March 2013

A bit fed up

Tuesday 19th March

A mixed day today. I felt OK physically but had a bad day in my head.

I did the longest walk I have done since being ill, 6.7 miles out to Badsey and back. Felt fine and not too tired and no sore muscles. On the other hand I found it very depressing that I could have run it before in about 45 minutes, now it takes me just under 2 hours to walk. I know I should be glad that I can do it at all at this point but I just can't see it that way. I just want to get back running. It somehow has become the thing that I need to do more than anything else to make me feel like I am getting back towards normal ( if I was ever normal! ). Tewkesbury Half seems like a million miles at the moment, I've even half considered not doing it. This will pass I'm sure once I can start to run even a little distance.

The rest of the day passed doing nothing as usual which I am also getting fed up with. The afternoon sleep is very nice in some ways but I will be happier when it is not needed any more.

I cooked tea as Mandy teaches on a Tuesday night. Not much choice as I only cook a couple of things, so chilli it was.

Work tomorrow so I will probably feel much more positive. Lets hope so.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment