Tuesday 5 March 2013

Confidence

Tuesday 5th March

One thing that has surprised me a bit about the last couple of months is the effect it has had on my confidence. Not in my confidence of dealing and talking with people, most of you know that talking is not something I have a problem with especially if it is a good gossip!! But in my confidence to go places on my own. I have got used to Mandy being with me, hand holding as it were, and usually to drive. So today was a good day as I went to work this morning. Not for too long, just about 3 hours, but it did allow me to start to get back into the swing of normal life. I have missed so much work that catching up on everything that is going on will take some time but at least I have started, and it so far hasn't left me too tired. Although I might regret saying that later tonight.

The rest of the day was pretty standard, just my injection as usual ( incidentally Ben has his jab at school so only Mandy escaped the needles today! ), and an attempt at sleep although not very successful.

Mandy spoke to a friend of hers today who has been following the blog who mentioned that she wondered if something was wrong when I did not post on Sunday. This may happen occasionally now if there is nothing much to say so don't worry. Mandy is likely to post if there is a problem.

It has also been noted that I have not mentioned Ben very much. I have found it quite awkward to say much. He is a teenager and although he is very loving and caring he is still a teenager who keeps himself to himself at times and maybe finds it difficult to express himself. I also do not want to embarrass him. However he has said that he will do a post one day soon which will be interesting.

I have to go and make tea for Ben and I now as Mandy is out teaching at college tonight so that's it for today.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment