Sunday 10 March 2013

3 month anniversary

Sunday 10th March

Today is the 3 month anniversary of my operation to remove the initial cancer lump. I can't really believe how life has changed since that. At the moment everything seems different, I definitely have a different outlook on life. Some things that seemed important and worth worrying about now seem trivial. Mandy only said this morning that she was trying to convince herself that she should not worry so much about work, however this is easier said than done in the wedding dress business as a deadline is definitely a deadline with no room for manoeuvre!

I am determined however to get less stressed about the small things in life anymore. Life really can be too short and it is just not worth it. Get out there and just do it if you want to, make it happen and don't wait for life to come to you.

On a lighter note about my operation there was the following exchange on Facebook a couple of weeks ago between a couple of fellow skittlers who play for other teams. Quick background to this story. As long as you have been following this blog from the start you will know which particular part of my anatomy I had removed. And I have been playing skittles for 26 years now and by my own admission am not bad at it and don't mind telling people so ( I know that's hard to believe! ). First friend upon hearing I was near to being able to play again quipped 'maybe now he is lop sided it will make him a worse bowler'. To which second friend replied 'don't worry his ego will balance him up!'. Needless to say on my first game back I had the highest score of the game ( told you I was not shy about bragging ).

I did go out to watch the runners finish in the Blackminster half marathon this morning. I have to say it was bloody cold but nice to talk to my running friends as it always is. I still get surprised by how many people are reading this. I was talking to a friend called Ade who I had not seen for about 6 months who did not even know about my illness, however he was with another guy who I did not know who when I told Ade what was wrong said 'you must be the guy with the blog. I've been following you on it. Very pleased to meet you'.

I find it quite strange to keep getting complimented on the blog. I have never written anything like this before and don't consider myself any good at it but people genuinely seem to enjoy it. Maybe enjoy is the wrong word, perhaps appreciate instead. At times I find it quite difficult to write but it has helped me no end so please keep reading and comment if you can ( I gather it can be difficult to do or you need a google account or something ).

Cheers for now.

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the skittles, bet that felt good! You're right, we should all worry less about the little things and grab opportunities to do what will make us happy with both hands. I missed Blackminster as it was Luke's birthday, I wish I had done it now as Long Marston was not a joyous experience. I hope your recovery continues to go well and the tiredness lifts soon.

    ReplyDelete