Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sleeping off a migraine

Wednesday 6th March

Woke up this morning at 7.30 feeling very sick with a migraine raging round my head. Managed to take a migraine tablet and an anti sickness pill and go back to sleep. Woke again at 9 with partial success as the sickness had gone but my head still felt like it had someone using a hammer inside it. More sleep required until 10.30 and eventually managed to crawl out of bed at 11, but felt much better. I'm glad these headaches seem to have slowed down in their frequency of late but they do tend to come in clusters so I will have to be on my guard for the next few days.

Following that I have had a very quiet day just watching some TV and resting.

The need to run is getting stronger but I am determined to resist for a bit longer. I need to really get more rest and more of the chemo out of my system. It takes about a week to stop excreting ( horrid word ) it from your body, but it will carry on working for another 5 or 6 weeks. Yesterday after work as it was a nice day I drove home via the scenic route but this did take me past a lot of the routes I run on when I am training. The canal near Wootten Wawen and the woods around Alcester particularly. Can't wait for the Summer to hit the trails again. I did go through a spell when I was down that I thought I would not want or be able to run again, but that has passed now. I think I will not race much this year though, I'm just going to concentrate on enjoying it with no pressure. God knows I can do without pressure for a while!

Cheers for now.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment