Sunday 24 March 2013

A Different Point of View

Sunday 24th March

Well a bit of a different point of view as the Grumpy teenager is writing today. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Ben and I'm 15 years old. To most of the Running Club people that little boy who you used to see with dad, who now isn't so little!

I've been told I have been very quiet throughout this entire affair. I suppose I've felt that there isn't much I can do about it. I have kept some of my feelings a bit silent just to help Mum and Dad get through. It has been testing for all of us and especially hard because of the timing, with our trip to New Zealand being cancelled and the closeness to Christmas. But I suppose our hastily arranged trip to Wales was good for all of us as none of us would have wanted to be at home.

Routine has changed and what was abnormal has become normal. After being used to Dad being at work until quite late, I never used to see him much but that has changed. It has been hard for us to do a lot together as he's been so tired and not up to our usual games. I don't think it is bothering him too much as, with me getting older, I am now more of a match and resist him pinning me on the floor and tickling me till I can't breath! This unfortunately is definitely my Achilles' Heel as he gets total control over me with just a short tickle!

I haven't seen Dad much today as I've been at a mates house and then he was asleep until his nurse arrived so he's only just surfaced and appeared. We've got Nan (Mum's Mum) over tonight for tea which is nice. We get on really well and always have done ever since I was little, and before school when Wednesday was the day to go to Nanny's House! She lives on a farm and I really enjoy it there, I'm definitely a country boy.

A bit more about me, I go to Prince Henrys High School, that for those people who used to go there and were in Mum and Dad's year Mr Miller is still there and after teaching Dad PE (sport), teaches me 30 years on! He did once accidently call me Tim! Dad did mention the school robotics trip to the Excel arena and I admit I was a bit grumpy when I got back but not too bad, we came 26th out of 40 so that was quite good.

I seem to be just blabbering on a bit but then that's what this is for just get your feelings out onto the page (or computer screen). I suppose I'm used to just writing rubbish, English essays at school are great practice!

Thanks for reading.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment