Saturday 20 April 2013

Working week

Friday 19th and Saturday 20th April

I've got 2 days to catch up on today. I had no time to write yesterday as I didn't get in from work and having my injection until about 20 past 6 and we had to be in Willersey by 7 o'clock for the skittles evening organised for charity by the 10K committee.

Work has been OK this week. I have found it easier to cope with than I thought I would. I'm tired but not to the point where I needed extra sleep. It has been a very busy week in the evenings as well with two nights out playing my regular skittles and then last night as well. I know Mand was worried about me overdoing it. I seem to have come through unscathed though ( although Mand does not agree ).

Today I went for a run with a friend so as to see if I could slow down a bit but go further which worked very well. I managed 5.25 miles without walking at all, which is nearly two miles more than previous when I have had to walk as well. I don't even ache much! I did as I was told this afternoon and had a short sleep which seemed a shame as the weather was so nice today, at last some warm sunshine.

I saw our next door neighbour this morning. We have never been over friendly with them despite living next to each other for nearly seventeen years now, we just say hello and have an occasional chat. Today was the first time I had actually told them about my cancer, although they obviously knew something was wrong from the fact I have been at home all the time. When I told Mand I said that I had said that 'I had got cancer' but she corrected me to 'I had cancer'. I can't bring myself to think like that yet, it's that jumping the gun thing where you jinx it by saying it.

It is going to be a nervous few days ahead to hopefully getting my scan results on Tuesday. I think I need to keep occupied so as I don't think too much about it.

We are all three of us out tonight at a friend's house so that will be nice.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment