Friday 26 April 2013

On the platform

Friday 26th April

Tim rushed in and rushed out again tonight so I have taken over blog duty again. He has taken Ben to The Regal to see the new Ironman film, not something I wanted to see so they are having a boys night out. He just about managed to eat some tea before he was back out of the door. At least he is just sat watching a screen tonight which is what he would have done at home just in his pj's. He has had a busy week again, tiring for someone at their most able and I do worry that he is going to over do it and totally exhaust himself. He won't be told though. Hopefully over the weekend he can get some rest in.

Tuesday was obviously a great day. He rang me and told me initially that he had contacted Zoe and that it would probably be mid afternoon at least before she got back to him, I was with a customer at the time. What seemed like only five minutes later he rang me back with the news. It was a bit like at the beginning of all this when we sat and listened to the consultant, words were being said but you couldn't take them in. This time at least it was words I wanted to hear! He actually said to me 'don't cry!', believe me I was trying really hard not to. The poor lady I was with didn't seem to notice but I have to say I whipped the tape measure round her very quickly in order that I could send her out of the door and ring Tim back to talk properly.

So we have been allowed to leave the train at last but now we just have to hang around on the platform till the 9th May for our bags. Hopefully we can then just do short hops aboard every now and again and never ever have to go on a long excursion like that again.

We booked a night away today, hopefully it will happen this time. We are going to a lovely B and B we have stayed at quite a few times before near Shrewsbury. We will relax there even if only for a short time as we know the owner now and feel very at home there. There are also lots of good places to eat around and most importantly lots of nice shops to visit in the town! Retail therapy is much needed and earned I think.

I keep torturing myself looking at holiday villas in sunny climes, need to wait though till after the consultant appointment. Was looking at Italian places last night with lovely pools that you could see the sun glinting off ......may have to be content with Cornwall and drizzle though!

Tim is going for a run in the morning but not too early I hope. Myself I have three fittings so might as well just resign myself to another day of work trying desperately to catch up.

Hair update.... it is really soft and downy and I struggle not to stroke it every time I walk past!!

Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment