Friday 5 April 2013

Fingers

Friday 5th April

Unusually a day that actually stayed on plan. A morning at work followed by an afternoon sleep. Hopefully that will make me feel a bit more lively.

I don't know if I have mentioned it before but one of the possible side effects of the chemo was nerve damage on the ends of my fingers. I know Mand was particularly worried that this may happen. During the chemo nothing happened but since I have finished they have definitely been strange. It's like a tingle constantly. I wouldn't say I had loss of feeling because they actually hurt when I do such things as open a ring pull on a can or tin. It's not a huge pain but it is there.

The training for Tewkesbury is not getting going at all. It seems that everything is getting in the way, be it lack of time or tiredness. I have to prioritise work when I have some energy, running will have to wait. I still intend to take part in the race no matter what but there will have to be more walking than I would like.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment