Wednesday 17 April 2013

Normal day

Wednesday 17th April

Just a normal day today. Work as usual ( usual already ) followed by a race home for my injection. There were no nurses available today so I had to see a doctor. As it happened it was the doctor I very first saw when I found the lump. He did remember me, I think mostly from the rush we were in to get sorted before our aborted holiday in New Zealand.

After my injection I hurried home to get out for a run. My Garmin is playing up and would not locate a satellite but I figure I did about three and a half miles again. This attempt to run a half marathon in only four and a half weeks is really looking like a tough challenge.

I finally managed to talk to my Macmillan nurse. She did not know about my results appointment being cancelled and moved back a month. She has agreed to get the results and give me a ring next Tuesday so that's actually earlier than the original meeting. I was a bit nervous about asking her to do this in case it is not good news and would be better coming from the doctor, but at the end of the day the result is the result and it doesn't matter who tells me. I will still have to see the doctor later.

We are both tired tonight. Me as I always am, and Mandy because she is working so hard at the moment and then also getting up really early to do other things. Yesterday to be at the gym by 7am and this morning to finish a birthday cake she has been decorating for an 18th birthday.

So off for an early night.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment