Wednesday 24 April 2013

Wine

Wednesday 24th April

I have just taken my first sip of wine ( any kind of alcohol actually ) since new years eve. We did not get a chance to celebrate last night so the three of us have been out to eat tonight, which was very nice and very relaxed.

Somehow I expected to feel different today but of course I didn't. You go to work, which is very busy at the moment, and just carry on as normal. A huge weight has been lifted however and we can start to plan things for the future. We are still not sure if there is any problem with me flying if we want to go abroad. At the moment I am still having the injections for the blood clot in my leg, which will carry on for a couple of weeks, so I'm sure it is not a good idea yet. But I see no reason why not to go in the school holidays.

The messages of congratulations have been overwhelming. I'm not surprised as the support we have received all along has been fantastic and helped me no end. But thank you to everyone who has been in touch, it means the world.

I did manage a quick run this morning before work. I guess I have no excuses any more, it's just up to me to get on with it now. 25 days to Tewkesbury and counting.

I'm going back to my wine now!

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment