Sunday 21 April 2013

The coming week

Sunday 21st April

A full day but not too tiring in the physical sense. Ben and I were marshalling at the Evesham Half marathon that was organised by Kurt and Nic at Cotswold Running. It was a trail run from Hampton through Charlton, Cropthorne and Elmley Castle, then back to Hampton again where we were stationed, and finishing at the Northwick Hotel in town. It was great to help out as runners are always very appreciative of marshals who give some encouragement and obviously provide water and some sustenance. I usually hate watching races as I just want to be running, but marshalling is different and very rewarding. Having said that 'where are my trail shoes' !!

A huge week coming up with the chance to get my scan results hopefully on Tuesday ( but don't hold your breath as I am not convinced I will get them as promised and will still have to wait longer ). These results will shape our lives in the immediate future so I am very nervous. Concentrating on other things and filling all my time is the way to cope.

Good news and we get on with life. First on the list is to sort out a holiday to replace the one we lost back in December. Don't care where, although we will probably stay in Europe, but it has to be warm/hot. Even with good news we are still not sure about if there are any complications with flying, especially with my deep vein blood clot in my leg.

Bad news I have not contemplated but will be very difficult to cope with. No more to say except that I have had enough.

Early night tonight to start the week rested.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment