Monday 22 April 2013

Side effect update

Monday 22nd April

Fairly standard day today. Work was fine, it doesn't seem to be tiring me too much. Don't get me wrong, I am tired each night and just want to go to bed, and I am sleeping like a log every night. But getting up in the mornings is OK and I don't feel the need for an afternoon rest.

Several of the side effects that were caused by the chemo are improving as well. The most obvious being the return of some hair on my head. Even Mand has to admit now that there is a definite covering. It is very thin and soft but it is all over, it may however be quite grey / white!

The lack of feeling in the ends of my fingers also seems to be improving. My thumbs still feel strange but definitely better in the fingers.

I'm not sure about my breathing. It must be better during the day as I have not thought about it, and during exercise it is OK. Just at night I still feel it is not quite right. Maybe it is something to do with lying down.

I went for another run tonight around my 3.25 mile circuit. I managed to run the whole way without walking for the first time on my own by going slightly slower. I'm getting there I suppose but it is less than 4 weeks to the half marathon I am doing. It's going to be a tough race!!

Cup of tea now ready so I'm off. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment