Sunday 7 April 2013

Treadmill

Sunday 7th April

Thank you to Mand for doing yesterday's post, I was quite tired after the drive to Nottingham and back. It would have been more enjoyable if we had won but a draw was better than a loss.

I went to the gym with Mandy this morning. A 15 minute gentle warm up on the bike followed by 5K on the treadmill in about 32 minutes. That's the farthest I have been so far, even if it was assisted by the machine. Again the legs were not too bad but the lungs were struggling. I know I am always worse in the gym anyway, it is too warm and I prefer the cooler air outside.

It makes me realise how hard it is to start running. I am feeling at times that it is too hard and I want to pack up but at least I have the memory of what it is like when you reach a decent standard and it becomes so much easier.

Afterwards Ben and I went to Peopleton to watch the Scenic Six race and put 10K entry forms on all the cars. Watching races also makes me want to keep going. I really wanted to join in today although it would have killed me.

That's about it for today. A quiet afternoon and tea at Mandy's mum's so that was excellent.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment