Monday 15 April 2013

CT Scan

Monday 15th April

I had my CT scan today at the hospital in Coventry. Everything went fine, in fact it was much quicker than expected. Actually the hardest thing was not being able to eat for four hours before the scan.

I was quite relaxed about today, which is a huge surprise after my histrionics for our other visits. Only having to have a cannula put in worried me at all. They use it to put in a contrast agent, which makes you feel hot and as if you need the loo, just wonderful. Still the cannula went in easy and came out even easier. The scan only takes about 5 minutes just passing back and forth through what is best described as a doughnut. I'm just glad it is done. Now we just have to wait for the result appointment which has been changed again to the slightly better date of May 9th. However that is still 3 and a half weeks away instead of 10 days and will seem like a lifetime.

The only pain was the fact that in spite of being in a hospital they would not provide a nurse to give me my injection. We had to rush back to Evesham where despite not having an appointment they did it no problem.

My first day back at work went OK, like I had never been away! Early night tonight though I think whilst I have the chance.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment