Friday 12 April 2013

Going the extra half mile

Friday 12th April

My last day of being signed off work. Just over 4 months after this all started I will finally be back at work full time on Monday. I am definitely ready to get back to the grindstone. Work have been fabulous with me, very patient and have supported me throughout. My first day back however will be cut short by having to go to the hospital for my scan. The nerves are going to start to jangle from then on with the wait for the results. My appointment was supposed to be 10 days after the scan, which was too long to wait in my mind anyway, but I received a letter today telling me that my appointment has been put back BY FOUR WEEKS!! If they think I am going to wait a total of nearly 6 weeks to get the result they have another thing coming. I will camp on the front lawn of my doctor until he tells me what is going on. Watch this space.

We had a day out shopping today including stopping in the Cotswolds on the way back in a tiny village called Kelmscott at a pub called The Plough. Fantastic burger followed by wonderful treacle tart. All calorie free I can assure you.

After my injection I managed to get out for a run, no abandoning it like yesterday. Three and a half miles, so that's a half mile further than I have managed before. Still managing to average 9 minutes per mile even including the walking. Great to see a friend (Steve) also out running who broke his much faster running speed to jog with me for a while. It is just so much easier running with someone to talk to and take your mind off the pain.

Cheers

Tim 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting programme on Radio 4, Friday at 11:00am. Mind Changers, James Pennebaker and Expressive Writing. It said that writing about feeling, such as when someone has cancer, actively helps with recovery. Worth listening to on iplayer.

    So the Blog, helps us to understand what you have been going through, and helps you get over it.


    Colin

    ReplyDelete