Thursday 25 April 2013

Normality reigns supreme

Thursday 25th April

Life has fallen back into a normal routine very quickly, even the good news of Tuesday has seemed to fade very quickly. I suppose it is because we had been told that the news should be good so we were expecting it but wouldn't allow ourselves to believe it beforehand. Then when it is good it's like you have known for ages. Before we found out people were asking if I felt alright. My answer was yes but then I felt fine when I found the lump and was diagnosed. Still the only thing that has made me feel ill is the cure. I guess it's the old adage that the worse the medicine tastes the more good it does.

I kept on saying that all I wanted was for normality to return to my life and it sure has. Thursdays have been work followed by skittles for the past 19 years now, so today is a perfectly normal Thursday. And I don't mind a bit.

Last night we went out for a meal to celebrate and when we got back I had a glass of wine for the first time since new year's eve. I don't know what all the fuss is about, it's over rated really.

I've got to take Ben to climbing now.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment