Tuesday 23 April 2013

End of the line

Tuesday 23rd April

I will forever more remember the date of St George's Day. Today I got the results of my scan that I had last Monday and they were as good as they could be. The tumour / lump of cancer that was inside me has been completely destroyed by the chemo. The news has made the 3 months of horrible treatment and the feelings of complete helplessness seem all worthwhile.

It has been a strange day. I'm sure if I had been with Mandy when we heard then there would have been a lot of tears. As it was I was at work and had to hold it all in, which I did in the main but couldn't help some tears as I was on my own in the warehouse office after I had given Mandy the news. Fate has decreed that I will not see her properly until late tonight as she is teaching at college and I am playing skittles. I suppose I should have stayed in but hey, it is a semi final!

The rest of the day has been a bit of a blur. It was a strange mixture of happiness and relief. I think actually the relief was the greater part. I'm actually having difficulty in putting it into words so I think I will try again tomorrow when it has sunk in a little.

For now I would like to say thank you again to all the people who are reading this and have sent me messages of encouragement and support. Please keep reading as I will continue until I have run the half marathon in Tewkesbury.

It looks like the train is pulling into the station and we can get off !!!!

Cheers

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Amazing news Tim, you must be so relieved the nightmare is over. Next stop Tewkesbury.... and you can start planning that holiday!

    ReplyDelete