Tuesday 22 January 2013

Work medicine

Tuesday 22nd January

What a difference a day makes. I had a meeting today with my Macmillan nurse ( also known as my testicle nurse, a real show stopper of a job title ) so as I was driving right past work I arranged to go in for a couple of hours beforehand. I know I have said this before but it just does me so much good to go in, even for a short time, and just concentrate on something other than the obvious. Being at home you just can't think about anything else, doesn't matter what you are doing. My dreams include my illness and it's the first thing you think of when you wake up, so 2 hours of other things is heaven.

The meeting with my nurse, Zoe, was to discuss my reaction to the first stage of the treatment before the second stage starts on Thursday. On the whole they are happy with everything so took a blood sample to check I am OK to carry on. My white blood cell count needs to be good but they don't think there will be a problem.

Mandy teaching at college tonight so quiet night in. Only one more free day before hospital stay. Will have to make the most of it.

Nice to write something positive.

Cheers

Tim

1 comment:

  1. A lot of your blog is positive to us, your readers Tim. You are out walking, shopping at Tesco (for your Mum too), and calling in to work. We, your readers, are amazed at your energy and determination.
    Di

    ReplyDelete