Friday 18 January 2013

Quiet day

Friday 18th January

A very quiet day today. Yesterday's chemo obviously had more effect than I was expecting as I have been shattered all day. I had to go back to bed after lunch as I just couldn't keep my eyes open, only for an hour mind and it still seems like a luxury. I could hear Mand working in her room as I drifted off.

Ben and I did walk down to Tesco this morning. Schools closed at the first whiff of snow, wasn't like that in my day, but nice to have Ben home. I promise we did not panic buy, only 1 pint of milk and 1 loaf of bread of the essentials. I do love walking in the snow, we are going to go for a stroll later when it's dark. I think it is the quiet that I love. I have set the fire ready to light when we get back, and we have cold meat and bubble and squeak for tea, so a cosy night in. Always makes me feel better.

Had decided to do some static exercises to try to keep up fitness until next week's chemo when I won't be able to do anything for at least a week, but just don't have the energy today.

That's about it for today, maybe I'll be more active tomorrow.

Cheers

Tim

1 comment:

  1. The schools do seem to shut very quickly but it was lovely seeing the children out playing in the snow. Good for you to be getting out walking and savouring the weather. Good wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete