Friday 11 January 2013

I don't like Thursday's

Friday 11th January.

I used to so look forward to Thursday's. For nearly the past 20 years it has been skittles night for the Nomads. We used to be Norton Nomads until they closed Norton Working Mens Club and we became homeless. We played at the Coach and Horses in Harvington for a few years but got kicked out because we didn't drink enough, but have now been at the Ecgwins club ( that's the BBC club ) for quite a while.

Skittles in Evesham is a very serious business. When I started back in 1986 the league had 6 divisions of 12 teams, we are now down to 4 divisions. I was in the Coach and Horses one night when my then girlfriend was working as a barmaid. The captain of the local team came in and asked her if she thought I would play that night as they were one short for a team and were deaperate. She said 'yes, but don't expect him to be around for long!!'. Charming. I have played skittles for all the years since and have been married to said barmaid for 20 years too.

I am just as passionate about skittles as I am about running, and have been lucky enough to play with a great bunch of lads and lasses. I guess I just like competetion and particularily winning.

I have the first 2 Thursday's treatment out of the way, only another 7 to go. I think Mandy's blog yesterday summed it all up quite nicely. By a long way my worst day so far, and all due to a migraine and not the treatment, bloody typical. I can't believe how much better I feel today. I have even eaten a cream cake whilst typing this. I like this calorie loading.

By the way, the Nomads won again last night. Their record since I have had to stop is played 3 won 3. Maybe they won't want me back.

Hair update. Still no problems but they still say 'when' not 'if'.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment