Wednesday 23 January 2013

T minus 1

Wednesday 23rd January

A very gentle day today, just trying to let the day pass without thinking about tomorrow too much.

Started with a trip down memory lane by going down to Prince Henry's to try and have a word with the headmaster Dr Evans about this year's 10K. As I know he ran the Birmingham 1/2 marathon last year I wanted to talk him into getting a bunch of teachers together to run as a team to raise some charity money. As Ben is in year 10 now and old enough to run this year he is not only going to try to get a team of pupils together, but has volunteered to be the Entry Secretary for the race as his part of his Duke of Edinburgh award. He's going to be a busy boy. I didn't actually get to see Dr Evans as he was too busy, but he has already agreed to run and handed over organising a team to another member of staff, so we have lift off. If I can stoke up a bit of competition between staff and pupils it could get interesting.

The memory lane part came in because I went to Prince Henry's between 1982 and 1987. In fact it is where Mandy and I met, couldn't stand each other to start with but my charm won her round. When I gave my name to the lady at reception she said 'I went to school with a Tim Heslop' so we spent 20 minutes chatting. Turns out I also know her husband, she knows my dad and Ben knows her son. Small world.

Then the usual trip to my second home at Tesco, followed by housework for a visit from Mandy's Dad and now doing this. Just Corrie left to watch then an early night as tired now.

Tomorrow we should be off to prison, er sorry, I mean hospital. I have to ring at 9 to see if they have a bed for me. I hope they have one early as the treatment lasts for 10 hours whenever you start from, so if I start at 2pm I finish at midnight, so the earlier the better.

If I can't get any wifi then this will be the last time I do the post until Sunday but I'm sure Mand will do the honours.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment