Wednesday 2 January 2013

Waiting at the start line

Wednesday 2nd January.

So here I am, sat at home waiting for a bed to become free in the oncology ward so that I can start my chemotherapy. It is 9.45am at the moment and it could be anytime today, or tomorrow, so just left in limbo at the moment.

As this is my first blog perhaps just a quick bit of history. Most reading this will know me but there may be others so bear with me.

My name is Tim. I am 44 years old and married to Mandy with a 15 year old son called Ben. I have been diagnosed with having a metastatic teratoma, or lump on a testicle to you and me. I have had it removed ( cross your legs now boys ) but there is still some infection so chemo is needed. 9 weeks in total.

The blog is entitled 'Running against Cancer' as I am a fairly dedicated runner and have been for the last 11 years. The blog will go on until I have beaten the illness and completed another race. The aim is to run the Tewkesbury half marathon in May as I have done this race every year since I started running and I refuse to fail to get to the finish line this year. I may have to walk, I may be able to run, at this point I have no idea.

I belong to the Evesham Vale Running Club. The support I have received from the members has been fantastic and I have no doubt that they will provide me with extra incentive and encouragement during this time.

Some blogs will be short, some will be longer. I am sure that some will be ramblings about other interests, but I hope that you keep reading and follow my progress, and maybe it will be of some help to other people going through similar experiences.

Cheers for now.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment