Sunday 13 January 2013

Out for lunch

Sunday 13th January

Today was the first time since the treatment started that I felt able to go out to eat. I need to avoid too many people at the moment as I am at my lowest white blood cell count for this round of chemo leaving me very vulnerable to infection, although judging from how blocked up I am it's too late to worry. Just need to keep an eye on my temperature, over 38 deg and it's off to hospital for anti-biotics.

So just Mandy, Ben and I off to Mandy's mum for roast lamb with all the trimmings. Absolutely fab, 2 lots of seconds, I do love this having to eat all I can to keep the strength up.

If I feel this good for the next couple of days I will attempt a foray to my place of work. I miss work like mad. I've been off since the 6th of December now and it's driving me up the wall. I work in a small company that I have been with for 14 years dealing with the order book, placing of orders and all goods in and out. Plus we also build some bespoke machinery which I use my former skills as a toolmaker on the lathe and miller. As only 3 of us take on the majority of the work ( except finance and admin ) me being away has left a big hole. I have to say that my boss has been absolutely fantastic through this whole experience, offering tremendous support and taking away any financial pressure that could have been a worry.

One regret for today is missing out on a race. Ben and I were only supposed to be marshalling at the Naunton 19 but as it was such a glorious day it would have been great. Congrats to Kurt and Nic on the organisation, early comments look good.

Now have lit the fire and going to have toast and crumpets for supper.

1 comment:

  1. We missed you and Ben today, Tim! But it sounds like you wouldn't have enjoyed the piles of fruit cake and flapjacks anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete