Thursday 10 January 2013

Not a good day

Thursday 10th January

Tim has not had a good day today so I have taken over blog duties again. The day started very early with him waking with a migraine. He woke me at 5.15 being sick and that set the theme for the day. His appointment at the hospital was meant to be at 9am and as I couldn't see how I was going to get him there for that time in the state he was in, I had to do some frantic phone calls. They were very good and got back to me to say that actually the appointment was 3pm, it had been changed without anyone telling us! It was a good job I spoke to someone otherwise we could have been hanging around for an awfully long time and we would not have been happy bunnies. He slept the rest of the morning and I finally bundled him into the car to drive to Coventry with a bucket between his knees. Now I think even the most confident of drivers finds passengers with sick bags disconcerting! Round about Warwick the car started playing up and as I don't know how to lift the bonnet on my own car let alone Tim's, the poor chap had to get out and look at it. A problem with oil has been diagnosed and a trip to the garage tomorrow is on the cards.
The actual session in the hospital was fine and the nurses lovely, they even gave us some of their lovely egg box cardboard sick 'hats' to bring home! Anyone who has even felt sick near a hospital will know what I mean. These I have to say are a deluxe model and have a measure on the side so you can gauge exact quantities!!
We got home again safely and, apart from a few gulps of fresh air needed at times, without incident.
Certainly not the best day ever. Tim has gone back to bed again and I hope he feels much better tomorrow. The nurse said some of the anti-sickness drugs can trigger migraine, I think it may be a mixture of that and extreme anxiety about today. Still on the plus side another week before we have to go back there again.

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, it's such a horrible time for you all but great you can see the lighter side of things. I really hope the sickness is temporary. Please shout if you need anything, even if it's just some company.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you have had such a day. I am wishing you all a good night tonight and a better day tomorrow.
    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a long term migraine sufferer I can relate and sympathise. Being bundled into a car when your head is falling off is no fun! Hugs to Tim xxx

    ReplyDelete