Thursday 24 January 2013

In hospital

Thursday 24th January

So I am finally back in hospital for the start of the second round of chemo. Unbelievably, with my car in the garage trying to have the oil problem fixed, Mandy's car would not start either. Quick phone call to my Dad who saved the day with a lift. When we arrived there was still no bed ready so they rigged me up in the day room to get started. It was still near enough 1pm so I will be wired until 11 tonight.

Better news though when they did take me to my bed that I actually have a side room to start with, it's a bit like being in a hotel ( just a crap one ) but I do have my own bathroom and loo ( hurray ! ). This could change at any time though. If they need to isolate an inmate, sorry I mean patient, I could get kicked out onto the ward. Chair under the door handle time I think.

Best news of all - No sign of Roy !!!

Just have to survive the food now. When they weighed me I had lost 1 kilo since I was let out last time. Surprised as I have been eating loads and doing very little exercise. Somewhat horrified when they suggested it might be muscle wastage, loss of heavy muscle mass being replaced by fat. Christ it might be a long way back to fitness. 45 days since my last run. That's the first time I have actually worked that out since I stopped. How depressing. I had already decided though not to try to do anything serious in the way of training until I am ready. All effort must be put into the getting well process first. Fitness will have to wait and follow on. It is an ideal point to perhaps try things a bit differently, train a bit smarter. Perhaps give a new training method altogether a go.

A huge thanks to everyone who has sent messages of support and encouragement to me for today. It really does help me through.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment