Friday 25 January 2013

Bad news and sad news

Friday 25th January

The bad news is not all that bad, but after a decent night's sleep I have been kicked out of my nice side room into a ward. Not too bad as it is only a 4 bed ward and one is empty at the moment, although it is bound to be filled soon. Well on the way through today's treatment now. Yesterday's is taking it's toll. Felt OK this morning. Went outside for a walk around the car park, sounds dull but at least it gets you out in the fresh air and the car park is huge. This afternoon felt very sleepy and a little nauseous which was a shame as it coincided with Mandy arriving for a visit. She was trying to cheer me up but not getting much response so 'sorry' Mand. She did bring me in some food however although the appetite has gone already this time. Still, better Mandy's sandwiches and a piece of homemade chicken and ham pie than hospital food any day.

The sad news is that having enquired of Roy when I arrived I have discovered that he passed away last week. Apparently took a rapid turn for the worse and went downhill very fast. RIP Roy - a legend on his own ward.

I have had much enjoyment from a group on facebook who's title I cannot repeat here. It started as a bunch of West Brom fans who wanted to basically send abuse to friends who did not support the Baggies. I know a few from Skittles and was invited to join. The language is horrendous and the abuse personal and colourful, but if you throw yourself into it it can be very funny. And at this time I really need funny. I also took a bit of a gamble and put a very serious post on it about what I am going through. Despite asking for no replies I had lots, even from those members who do not know me, and they were all very supportive and touching. From this bunch of neanderthals it is quite something. They have however not gone soft on me on the rest of the site!

I hope sleep tonight is OK. Norman opposite me has throat cancer and coughs terribly. He also appears to snore loudly when he drops off but I did come armed with ear plugs this time!

To those who are running Tewkesbury 1/2 here is something to think about. I will be doing it in aid of Macmillan cancer support. If any of you would like to join me I will provide sponsorship forms etc. Please do not feel that you have to do this, some do not like to or do it regularly for other charities and I know it gets difficult asking the same people for money all the time. If you do then get in touch. Probably through the EVRC forum is best ( although it is blocked by the hospital so I can't get to it until Sunday at the earliest - I will post this on there then ).

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment