Wednesday 16 January 2013

Be careful what you wish for

Wednesday 16th January

I had a conversation with Mandy earlier this week during which she admitted that she had been thinking about how she wished she had been more careful about what she had wished for. Before all this happened and we were supposed to be going to New Zealand, she had thought that when we got back she hoped that our daily routine would change. She didn't want to go back to the 9 to 5 daily grind that seems to go on week after week. Now after everything that has happened she would love to have come back to that. She added that she did like me being at home but obviously not like this.

This made me think about the fact that I am always complaining about not having enough time at home, and now all I want is to go back to being out at work, or running, or skittles. Just not sat at home.

I guess the moral of the story is be specific when you make a wish.

Another quite good day today, although it started with another bad headache. Fortunately this one was dealt with early enough to prevent it becoming a migraine. It still meant I pretty much wasted this morning but at least got out for a nice brisk walk along the riverside this afternoon. Also I have managed to get in touch with an old school friend via facebook that I have only had vague contact with for probably 25 years. Rich and I lived in the same village for years and spent a lot of time together cycling and playing sport. It will be good to reacquaint ourselves.

Hair update. Hmmm. All quiet on the actual head of hair although it feels perhaps a little almost crisp (or am I imagining this?). However the sink had a lot of hair in it from under my arms when I washed earlier. And in plucking out a couple of stray eyebrows they came out freely instead of painfully like usual. I think the end is nigh!!

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment