Tuesday 15 January 2013

Part timer

Tuesday 15th January

Another good day today. It feels like I don't have much of illness significance to write at the moment as everything seems to be OK. Today however I felt like I made a major step forward if in no other way than my mental state. I went to work !

I called the boss to see if it was OK if I went over to see everyone, which it was, so set off and got there about 11 o'clock. The boss said "well whilst you are here ............" and I stayed for about the next 4 hours. This was like taking medicine for the soul and mind.

I have to say by the time I had driven home I was pretty tired but quite content. It is easy when you are at home to fall into the routine of taking extra time with everything. Wake up later, lie there for a bit before getting up, have some breakfast, put TV on, go and have a bath, check emails, facebook etc. Gosh it's lunchtime and I've done nothing. Have a walk, perhaps go to Tesco, Ben home 4 o'clock, it's dark outside so day is over and I've still done nothing. I could get away with this for the week after the major shot of chemo as I genuinely did not have the energy but since then I shouldn't be doing it ( but it's so easy ).

Really going to make an effort to get more done for a bit and get back to work a few more times before the next big shot a week on Thursday (24th). God I am so dreading going back in for those three days. I just have to keep thinking that when that one is over I only have one more stay to go (please, please, please).

Cheers for now.

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim, I am ashamed to say that your description of a done-nothing day sounds frighteningly familiar to this retireds person's day. However, on Sunday I swept the 2nd and easier (less than half) of the Naunton 19 and saw what a wonderful route it is. I can see why you enjoyed it last year. I don't know what your weather was like, last year, but Sunday it was beautiful. Ice cold and clear blue.
    I missed committee on Monday being otherwise engaged (ironic considering my comments) so cannot report on proceedings but we will get the report in due course.
    Long may your good days and sleep-full nights last.
    Di

    ReplyDelete