Saturday 26 January 2013

Home.... finally.

Saturday 26th January

Finally got Tim home at 8.30 this evening. He actually finished around 6.30 but we had to wait ages for the nurse to get round to disconnect the drip. He is totally wiped out, the drugs started to do their evil work a lot quicker than last time. At least we know what to expect this time and know in a few days time he will pick up. The whole experience was better for him, I think, than the first treatment. He may disagree with that but I don't think so. The other guys on the ward seemed quite friendly and it only being four beds rather than six helped. The only problem this time was they didn't hand out as much anti-sickness and he has been feeling quite nauseous for most of the day today. He will speak to Zoe, his Macmillan nurse about that at his review I'm sure. I did wish I'd thought to pick up one of our 'deluxe' cardboard sick hats (see earlier post for detail!). We did make it home without incident thankfully, he just kept his eyes closed for most of the trip...although to be fair he does that a lot when I'm driving anyway!
So that's two of the long treatments out of the way, thank goodness. It seemed to stretch out before us never endingly at the beginning but starting to feel more manageable now. I still find it very hard to take him in to be 'cured' and have him handed back to me looking and feeling a wreck.

Hair update, it is looking very thin and I suggested he actually shaved the remainder off now.  Fed up of my entire wash having to be de-haired for one thing. Was even picking hair off Ben's school shirt the other day because one of Tim's t-shirts had been in the same load!

Would like to add my thanks to everyone for all the support, it does help hugely.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment