Monday 14 January 2013

More like old self

Monday 14th January

Today I have felt much more like my old self. Three things have shown this that have happened this afternoon.

Firstly, inspired by reading about yesterday's Naunton race and pictures on facebook of some people I know going for a very muddy run up Bredon Hill ( god I miss running up Bredon ), I decided to try to get at least a little muddy. Putting on the wellies I walked down behind Tesco and along the river to Hampton ferry and back, cutting back up by the rugby club. That's the furthest I have walked and did not get tired, really enjoyed it and even managed to get a little dirty. Funny quite what you miss.

On return home Mandy made a cup of tea. Not only did the tea taste alright but after a while munching at a tin of chocolate biscuits Mand actually put the lid back on to stop me. I think I preferred the 'eat all you can' wife of last week.

Finally whilst washing up I put on a CD that I had for Christmas. This is one that I used to own ( actually still do come to think of it ) on vinyl ( go and ask your parents if you don't know !! ). It is an album entitled Metal Heart by an 80's German metal band called Accept. I found myself singing along quite happily, remembering all the words despite not having heard it for about 15 years. Also a strange thing that doesn't happen nowadays in the downloading era, we all knew what the next track would be before it started as we had to listen to the tracks in the same order every time, so I even could hum the opening bars of the next song before it began. God I must have listened to this a lot.

I know all days will not be good like this one but you have to take every positive you can and enjoy the moment. Not a bad philosophy for life actually.

Something else has just occurred to me, for the first time in weeks I did not change from trousers to pyjama bottoms the moment I walked in. Although now I have thought about it I'm off upstairs to change.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment