Friday 1 February 2013

Eating

Friday 1st February

At last a much more normal day of eating. Started the day with another bout of sickness though, same as yesterday. Breakfast was NOT Weetabix, actually went for cornflakes instead. Lunch was scrambled egg and bacon on toast. Tea was sausages cooked in chilli beans with rice. All fantastic but even those great flavours cannot get through the damage the drugs are causing. I can taste it all but it is like a background flavour. I think it is time to have a Vindaloo and see how that goes!

The other thing about the eating is now timing. The tablets I have to make my leg better have to be taken on an empty stomach, so an hour before or 2 hours after food, 4 times a day. Work it out, it's bloody awkward.

Talking of the leg, the vein really hurts today. I did manage to walk into town, actually more like limp into town. Not too bad whilst on the move but if you stand still it is agony. I stood in a queue in a shop and nearly had to put what I was buying back and leave it hurt so much.

Hopefully this is a corner turned for a bit. Feel well enough to make vague plans for the weekend. I feel like I am isolating myself a bit, it's all too easy to make an excuse and put things off. Nobody except Ben and Mandy have seen me without a hat on since my hair went. I didn't think it would be a big deal, which it kind of isn't to me but I still think it will be a shock to others. I must post a photo so that people are pre-warned.

Need to go and talk to Ben now, we seem to have had the stroppy teenage version come home from school today. Dosen't happen very often, just occasionally.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment