Saturday 2 February 2013

Sick of the sickness

Saturday 2nd February

Getting fed up of writing about this, but this morning started with not one but two bouts of morning sickness. Hang on a minute, isn't that a sign of something? Oh well never mind.
After a really good night's sleep too. Wake up at 8 knowing I need to take my anti-biotics but not wanting to incase of sickness. I did eventually get one down me though and after the second bout of sickness did manage breakfast, which made me feel much better. One of the problems with the anti-biotics tablet is that it is huge and really hard to swallow. I actually gagged on it last night and I have to say the look on Mandy's face was a picture, although she didn't think it was funny.

The anti-biotics are starting to work on the leg however so it's all worth it. Much less pain today. Managed a nice walk in Broadway at lunchtime with Ben.

Nice to see a friend who came round this afternoon too. He's the first person to see me, except Mandy and Ben, with no hair. He didn't run screaming from the building so maybe it's not as bad as feared.

The swing from negative to positive has come very quickly this time. I'm now thinking of what I can achieve this week and early next before my final big hit of chemo which starts on the 14th. Oh well, at least I won't have the expense of a meal out on Rip Off Day, sorry I mean Valentine's Day.
Aiming to get to work a couple of times. Take Mandy out sometime to give her something nice to look forward to. Some jobs around the house need doing and somehow these mundane jobs look much more appealing now.

The lack of exercise, particularly running, still causes me a certain amount of depression. Reading on the running club forum of what other people are up to both helps and depresses in equal measures. I really must write out a training timetable for when I am ready to start, and stick to it!! The last thing I want is to try to train up too quickly and end up injured for Tewkesbury. That really would be stupid.

Tea is ready so I will sign off now. Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment