Tuesday 12 February 2013

Crying - the best medicine

Tuesday 12th February

Last night has been coming for a few days. Having been so tired and down for a bit I could feel my emotions building and could see the same happening to Mandy. Last night I went upstairs to run myself a bath but could tell I was on the edge, so took myself off to the bedroom. By the time Mandy came in I was in full flow of tears so she joined me for a hug and joint crying session. We both agreed today that it did us some good as we had both been bottling it up. Best just to get it out sometimes.

Whether it was due to this or that I was just plain exhausted, I had the best night's sleep I've had in a while.

Today therefore has been a much better day. I had to go to the hospital in Coventry for my pre chemo blood test and for them to do a scan on the veins in my leg. The blood test was OK so we are good to go on Thursday for the last major session, so long as they can find me a bed. The scan on my leg however showed that I actually do have a deep vein problem so I have to continue with my anti blood clot injections for the next 6 to 7 weeks at least. Oh joy!!

I managed to fit in an hour at work on my way to hospital which is always good. So nice to concentrate on something else for a while.

I have also been able to eat properly for the first time in days, with no feeling of sickness. Happy days. Shame I start again on Thursday and know that the appetite will disappear straight away.

Cheers for now.

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim. I have been following your progress, but don't comment every time in case you think you have a stalker!! Bottled up emotion is no good so it's best to get it out. Exhaustion doesn't help either. Just one more big session to get through. I know it will be tough but you just have to let time pass and keep your focus on recovery. You've come so far already. Sending you lots of positive thoughts, keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete