Thursday 7 February 2013

Two thirds done

Thursday 7th February

Back to the hospital today for another top up of chemo. That is officially two thirds of the way through as the second session is done. Chemo went OK although very slow as they got behind this morning and were struggling to catch up. Should start at 2 and be done by 3.30 to 4 o'clock but we didn't get out of there until quarter past 5.

Part of the reason for this was still the on going problem with my leg. My Macmillan nurse said I should perhaps see a doctor again and fortunately the same one who saw me last week was there again. He thinks that the phlebitis is probably OK now but that I may have a blood clot. Treatment is an injection in your stomach. He wanted to know if I would do it myself if they showed me how. I think that the speed of the colour draining from my face gave him the answer. I do not do needles. I cannot watch when they are being used let alone do it myself. So they did today's and I need the district nurse to come round each day for the rest. Total wuss I know but there you go. I need a scan to see if this is the problem but he thought he would start the treatment anyway as that is what he thought it was. Sadist!

Going out to skittles for a while tonight just to try to get some normality and see some friends.

King Billy is back at Forest today. A good piece of news to cheer me up a bit. One for the football fans!

Another day done. Another day nearer the end.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment