Saturday 23 February 2013

Temperature again

Saturday 23rd February

Back to me again folks. I suppose that means an improvement in how I feel but I am loathe to say it as every time I do we seem to hit another down turn.

Firstly back to last night after Mandy had already written the blog. About 9.30 Mand took my temperature and it was up to 39 degrees, which is the highest it has been. Another panic call to the hospital ensued. Fortunately as they had already taken blood samples earlier in the day whilst I was there for chemo they knew that my white blood cell count is still OK so I just needed to get the temperature down with paracetamol. Much relief all round and off to bed. Fortunately after a fairly good night's sleep the temperature was back to normal and I feel much better. I can't remember the last time I got up not feeling sick.

Have got through the day OK. Just have to time everything with my drugs ( junkie indeed !! ). I have eaten plenty as well which is a relief.

One more light hearted story from earlier in the week was from my stay at Worcester hospital. When I got onto the ward they brought in a guy and put him in the bed next to me. I'm not sure what he was actually in for but during the time we were there it became almost funny the way he was playing up for the doctors and nurses. When he had visitors he was fine. When he was on the phone he was fine. He wandered off a couple of times and walked fine. However as soon as a doctor was anywhere near there were sudden 'Oohs' and 'Aahs' as if his legs were falling off. At one point he was in 'agony' with a doctor when a nurse came and asked him if he wanted anything to eat. The pain disappeared and he put in a full order, then straight back to moaning and groaning. I do wonder how they ever actually find out what is really wrong with these people.

Anyway back to today. Perhaps a tentative step onwards, not even an exploding window! If anything goes wrong tonight it will now be my fault.

Cheers

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Tim and Mandy

    What a horrible time you have been going through. A temperature of 102.2F (in old money), throwing up and exploding car windows are not my idea of fun. Neither is Worcester Hospital which, in my very limited experience, is not without challenges.

    If you need any lifts to and fro to Coventry, please let me know!!!

    Clive and I ran 10 miles of the Blackminster Half route today in freezing, bleak conditions. Just a year ago Tim and I also set out on a trial run around the route, but I went lame after about 4 miles whereas Tim completed the whole route in good time. Hopefully Tim, in 2014 we can both run the whole route in rehearsal and then race it properly for PBs.

    Hope things are getting better and you are over the worst now.


    All the best


    Colin

    ReplyDelete