Monday 13 May 2013

Yet more running

Monday 13th May

Another normal busy day at work then back for a training run with the club in the evening. I'm not sure how far tonight as my Garmin turned itself off halfway round but I guess about 5 miles. It has been nice running with different people at club instead of the usual suspects. It gives you something different to talk about and different views on running. Also my little troop for Tewkesbury grew by another one today, I think at the moment there will be 3 or 4 people running with me.

I randomly picked a day to look back at in the blog. 31st of January. It seems a lifetime ago yet it was a chemo outpatient day and it was the fifth session of nine in total so as I remarked we were officially over half way. By that point I was really getting stressed by these brief visits, I was sick in the morning before this one. I also had real problems sitting still. I remember this one particularly as I really couldn't keep my legs and feet from twitching, I just wanted to get up and run around (or away I suspect ). It makes me feel very strange reading these old posts, it is still way too fresh. I can feel myself getting emotional straight away. I'm pretty good at locking things away but during this experience that could not be done and emotion became the norm. Perhaps a good thing, I don't think keeping it in would have been at all good. I know Mand really struggled as she felt she had to contain some of it so as not to upset me, so we just saved it up for a bit then let it go bang, had a cry and a cuddle and then got on with it.

Right, I have important stuff to attend to. We have found a villa in Italy so need to find flights and decide if we want to add a couple of days somewhere else onto the end. Boy do we need this holiday.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment