Saturday 4 May 2013

More miles

Saturday 4th May ( Star Wars day - see bottom of page )

Got up early this morning ( 6.15 ) to have porridge for breakfast before driving to Badsey to go for a run. I started in Badsey because we had a 10K committee meeting at 9 o'clock there so I needed to have finished the run by then. I ran to Willersey and back, a total of eight and a half miles. Again I ran quicker than planned but I'm used to that after years of doing it. Started to tire at 7.5 but managed to keep going for that last mile with the help of Robert who was also running to the meeting.

The meeting lasted for a couple of hours so I was pretty stiff legged by the end. Never good to sit down for a long time just after a run, you need to keep moving. However I feel OK now so it's all good.

I managed a quick trip to Tesco before lunch followed by the agony of listening to the final day of the football season for Forest. Fell at the last hurdle. In previous years I would have brooded about this for ages and been in a foul temper but given the events leading to doing this blog I appreciate that it is no big deal. Just glad that I will be here for next season at all, I don't really care which division we are in.

No training allowed for the next two days as they are for pure relaxation, and I don't mind a bit.

Cheers

Tim

PS. Star Wars day - May the 4th ( say it out loud ! )

No comments:

Post a Comment