Wednesday 1 May 2013

Running

Wednesday 1st May

I cannot believe we are into May already, but at least the sun is shining even if it's not that hot yet.

I got up really early this morning and ran three and a half miles starting at about 6.30. It was a cold but beautifully clear morning. The run was OK but I did lack energy as I hadn't time for anything to eat, just up and straight out. I always did struggle to run well on empty but obviously it is even more difficult at the moment. My breathing was also worse than it has been on previous runs but I suppose that is not surprising as I seem to have difficulty when I am lying down, so maybe it takes time to clear in a morning. I will have to talk to the doctors again about it when I see them next week.

On the whole I am pleased with the way the training is going now. It was a shock to the system how hard it was to start even though I was expecting it to be. My mind just said keep going but there was nothing in my legs at all. At least now I can run for a while before I wilt.

I am trying to do some exercises at home to strengthen my core muscles, but time usually gets in the way. It is helping a bit though. My back ached when I first started but it is OK now.

Tewkesbury is going to be very interesting. I feel now that I might be able to run the whole way if I am very disciplined with my speed and prepare beforehand properly. Lets hope for good weather on the day, for me and for Mand and Ben watching.

Planning a short run on Friday evening and then a long one on Saturday morning. I'm going to push the distance again and see what happens.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment