Thursday 16 May 2013

Sponsorship

Thursday 16th May

I have been pushing on with the fund raising effort of sponsorship for me running on Sunday. Yet again I have been overwhelmed by the level of support I am getting. By now I should not be surprised but it still gets me every time. I am approaching the £1000 mark which is just fantastic. It feels like everyone I ever run with will be there on Sunday taking part, I really should be getting commission from the organisers.

No training today, I have finished now until the race. Normally I would probably have had a run on Friday but maybe not this time. Although !!

I have just been reading the blog from 19th of Feb onwards. It was around the horrible night I spent in A & E in Worcester. I had obviously not re-read it before as I had not noticed that on the 19th I had put that I didn't feel very well but hopefully I would have nothing to write for a few days, that it would be boring but I just wanted a couple of quiet days. How much more wrong could I have been. I think it was one of the worst nights of my life along with the night Ben broke his leg when he was only three ( in a soft play area of all places, what a numpty ).

We had to put up with so much for those couple of days with the temperature and sickness, the awful treatment I received at Worcester, and then straight off for another bout of chemo. God I'm glad it is over now.

I'm off to play skittles now, it is the semi final of the champion of champions competition.

Cheers

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment