Saturday 18 May 2013

Preparing

Saturday 18th May

One day to go to Tewkesbury. We have spent the day mostly getting ready for the party after the race. We have put up a small marquee and been to do the food and drink shopping. Now all we need is a bit of decent weather for the BBQ and we will be rocking.

Not thought too much about the actual race today which is good. People keep saying to me 'it will be quite emotional when you finish' which it will be but I have tried not to dwell on it. It will be a closure of sorts as I really do feel very close to being completely back to normal. Once this is done I have no excuses left, although Mand keeps on reminding me that it is not that long since I have finished and I must still be careful. The body can take a long time to totally recover and it would be easy to overdo it. I think I will take a break from the running for about a week ( yeah right! ), maybe until next Saturday then.

I have received plenty of messages of good luck on Facebook and through the running club today which is fabulous. The total on the sponsorship has now topped £1000 which is tremendous.

So the pasta has been eaten and the kit is out ready. Just need a good night's sleep and off we go.

Cheers till tomorrow.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment